|Posted by Jessica Anderson on May 21, 2013 at 5:30 PM||comments (0)|
Ok, so it’s obvious that I LOVE summer time! Not only is it warm, sunny, and just plain wonderful… but it’s also prime time to whip out my favorite spring/summer products!
- bareMinerals High Shine Eyeshadow - I flippin love this stuff! It’s the perfect shade of bronze with a wonderful metallic sheen. I could wear this stuff everyday!
- Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzing Powder - I have raved about this stuff before, but again, it’s awesome so go get some!
- Ralph Lauren Big Pony #2 - Personally, I feel like it has more raspberry tones than cranberry, but either way it’s the perfect go-to summer scent. Light and playful just in time for summer!
- Organix Shampoo and Condition in Coconut Milk - OMG! These are going to be my go-to products for summer every flippin year. It makes my hair feel and smell amazing ALL DAY LONG!
- Beauty Smoothy Creamy Cocolada -Not the same brand as the shampoo and condition, but equally lovely! I love how creamy and bubbly it gets, and I love the light coconut scent it leaves on my skin.
- Coach Poppy Lipgloss set - I like to say that I have a love affair with lipgloss rather than an obsession. It sounds more socially acceptable right? I love the range of colors that come in this set. If you want something more clear and just glossy - BAM! Feeling a bit more colorful, hit up the pink and - BAM! you are totally set! (ok, I don't have a link for this one for ya, I picked mine up at Ulta for $40. I looked on Ebay and Amazon but they were crazy overpriced. Check your local Ulta even though it isn't listed on their website.)
Do you have a favorite product you can't live without? Is there anything you recommend I try?
|Posted by Jessica Anderson on May 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM||comments (0)|
Holla!! It’s Birchbox time again! I think they should send these once a week so that you receive them on Mondays. Do you know how much better every Monday would be if I had this to look forward to? Let me tell ya - it would be awesomesauce!
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle - Sadly the spritzer part of the bottle didn’t work, but that didn’t stop me from using it! It does what it says, that much I am sure of! My hair is usually a knotty mess when I finish washing it and this totally took care of those nasty little knots! Smells good and works great!
- COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face - I have yet to use this personally. I find that 30 SPF is a little too high for me but I am sure my hubs will end up using it.
- Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner - I received the Black eyeliner… and Oh-MA-Goodness it is the best pencil eyeliner I have ever used. Super creamy, super color packed, and amazingly easy to use. A+ in my book!
- Folle de Joie eau de parfum - this was a miss for me. I tried it twice and it just wasn’t for me.
- Yes To™ Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub - I have yet to use this… I actually kind of forgot about it lol! I will use it and I am sure it will be a wonderful fruity scrub. I have used other “Yes To…” products and they were all great.
Soooooo what did you get?! Anything I would be totally jealous over?
|Posted by Jessica Anderson on May 19, 2013 at 3:50 PM||comments (0)|
Another week here and gone! It was a good week all things considered. The sun and warm weather are FINALLY here to stay! That makes for a super happy Jessica!
Monday - YAY for Birchbox! I love getting this thing in the mail. You can read more about my thoughts on this month’s goodies tomorrow.
Tuesday - I love sleepy kitties! They are just so cute and peaceful. Dante loves his nap time lol!
Wednesday - I decided to get my butt in gear for my upcoming garage sale! Took pictures of all the stuff I NEED to get rid of - stay tuned for more pics and info!
Thursday - ohhh yes, they are just as delicious as they look. We had work potluck on Friday and I made cheesecake stuffed-chocolate dipped-strawberries. OH YES, SO TASTY! (and crazy easy to make btw)
Friday - A little relaxing time after a long week of work with a friend. Some Moscato and a side of chips = the perfect treat!
Saturday - Ahhh good times! Fun, drinks, sun, friend time, and pool time = a great way to spend a warm/sunny afternoon!
Sunday - Annnddd all that sun from Saturday caught up to me and now I need aloe…. LOTS and LOTS of aloe.
So did you do anything exciting this week? Are you ready for some fun in the sun?
|Posted by Jessica Anderson on May 13, 2013 at 5:30 PM||comments (0)|
Whew - It’s been another week! Where does time go…seriously?!
Ahhh Monday - Totally busy at work, and then at home - this. Really Facebook … Really? UGH!
Tuesday - I woke up feeling kinda icky - stuffy nose, scratchy throat, and coughing. Good times right? I LOVE my snowcone maker for days like this. Nothing like a giant cup full of shaved ice to make me feel better!
Wednesday - This is the only picture I took this day lol! A friend is moving soon and I pilfered a bunch of boxes from the supply room.
Thursday - ahhhh peanut butter, how I love you. This jar however is a liar. See the ‘No need to stir’ on the label? LIES! You totally have to stir it before every use. I know I know, not crazy terrible OR important… but I just thought you should know.
Friday - Went out for dinner at an awesome new restaurant in town - Tucanos Brazilian Grill. AH-mazing food, great service, and even better drinks! Go, go right now, and thank me later. This drink was their pomegranate mojito… pure deliciousness!!!
Saturday - ahhhh dinner time at another great restaurant - Azteca. Best Mexican food in town! AND they have a booth with a carved Lasocorn!!! You know… it’s like a unicorn but with a lasso instead of a horn. Pure greatness I tell you. Go, check it out, and be sure to order their guacamole!
Sunday - I love candles, it is no big secret by any means lol, BUT it is SO HARD to find good smelling ones! Am I right?! So on a whim I picked up this bad boy while at my local Gordman’s. Dude, smells flipping awesome. I am thinking that for $10 I need to swing by and pick up a few more!
So, what was your week like? Any big news? Anything I should know about?
|Posted by Jessica Anderson on May 12, 2013 at 3:20 PM||comments (0)|
** Happy Mother's Day **
Call your mom and tell her you love her and are sorry for all the crap you put her through lol!
|Posted by Jessica Anderson on May 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM||comments (0)|
Do you ever have a moment in your life when you feel like you are missing something? You forget your cell at home. Maybe you forget your wedding ring. Or maybe your favorite necklace mysteriously got broken and you have had to go an eternity with out it…..
The last scenario would be my life. I love.. let me say that again.. LOVE my tiny anchor necklace.
Long story short - the chain broke (not sure why - probably owner error lol!) - I contacted the lovely owner Amy - and BAM I am back in business!
I have been wearing my little lovely almost every day since I have had it back in my possession.
After cruising Amy’s Etsy store I decided that I might need a few more of her wonderful pieces. Here are my favorite 3 pieces that I am totally crushing on:
Beautiful right?! How can you pick just one... or two ... lol? I want them all! If you could have just one, which one would you pick?
|Posted by Jessica Anderson on May 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM||comments (0)|
Ok, I thought of this little over a week ago (last Friday to be exact) and thought it would be a fun idea to share what I am up to through out the week!
Last week Friday - Finally off work and so happy to be free!!!
Saturday - Hubby and I went to a bunch of garage sails... in the rain... super fun times. I found a bunch of jewelry I am going to take apart and make into different things. One of those projects involves watches - stay tuned!
Sunday - It's been warm and cold off and on - hello midwest weather! And not only the are the flowers springing to life, but so are the ground critters... MOLES! We have a tiny condo with a tiny garden but I still don't want them tearing up anything. They were already making tons of messes so I bought 2 of these! You can pick them up at Harbor Freight for $10 a piece and they work like a charm! Solar panels keep it running and the quite buzzing sound keeps the moles at bay. Highly recommend them!
Monday - On a whim I decided it was time to put the porch together. We only just got the porch redone last year so we still have some stuff to put together and decorate!
Tuesday - I shaved Dante earlier in the weekend but it cracks me up every time I see him! He loves being shaved and running around free of his heavy fur coat.
Wednesday - Ahhhhhhh half way through the week!! Looking forward to taking this awesome fabric to grandmas house to make some cute maxi skirts!
Thursday - After learning this little tip a long time ago, I find myself telling everyone I see with them not placed correctly. Did you know that bobby pins work a MILLION times better with the bumpy side down? They do, I promise!
Friday - I made it! I made it through another week and Starbucks helped me celebrate. Holy sweet baby carrots Batman - So ready for the weekend!
Saturday - Spent a bunch of time with mom and grandma hanging out, making skirts, eating yummy food, and catching up! It was lovely! Pics of the skirts coming sonn!
Sunday - We picked this up at Walgreens last night and it means it is now time for summer! If you want to get some color and not get bunt then this is for you! I used it every time I was out in the sun last summer and didn't burn once.
So how was you week? Did you do anything fun? Are you totally ready for summer? I know I am lol!
|Posted by Jessica Anderson on April 27, 2013 at 4:55 PM||comments (0)|
Mary Mary, Quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With Silver Bells, And Cockle Shells,
And so my garden grows.
Every year my plants die back when the cold winter months hit. Every year I fear the worst… that they will not make it. And yet, every year they do. I am no grand gardener by any means so I am wonderfully surprised when I see them coming back to life.
I thought for sure that some of my potted plants didn’t make it so I picked up new ones… only to find that upon closer inspection they had in fact survived! Truly, this boggles my mind. How after months of cold, no real water, and no direct sunlight do these little plants manage to survive?
AND YET… this little baby survived!
I find that placing a few polished rocks over freshly potted soil helps hold it all in place until the plant is nice and snug in it’s new home. That and they look nice to boot!
I ended up re-potting some plants and adding new ones in to my garden. I may not have much a garden but I try to make the most of it - that’s condo living for ya!
They still have some growing and filling in to do, but once it finally warms up once and for all I think they will be good to go!
(forgive the terribly ugo brown fence - condo association needs to fix that up right quick!)
How did your little plants do over the winter? Have you done any gardening yet?
|Posted by Jessica Anderson on April 21, 2013 at 9:45 AM||comments (0)|
Are you there?.....
Is this thing on..... Beuller Beuller?
Alright, I promise PROMISE to try to do better and get back into the swing of things around here! I have lots of new projects and reviews in store, so keep checking back!
On today's agenda we have the April Birchbox!
I’ve got my lazy pants on today so I am going to keep it short, sweet, and to the point. And sorry for the fuzzy pic, trying out my new IPhone camera.
~ I am not really a tea drinker so I passed them along to a friend (I am sure she will love them!).
~ I am looking forward to using the hair therapy oil… but I don’t think that tiny tube will be enough for all of my locks…. maybe I will just use it on my slightly fried bangs (that’s a story for another day).
~ I haven’t tried the perfume yet but I am sure it will be wonderful for this warm spring weather.
~ Lipgloss/ lipstick in one = yes please! It’s super pink, super easy to apply, and super cute - totally lovin it!
~ And lastly, the eye cream…. I know, I know, I am on the better side of turning 30 and probably need to start using stuff like this …. but I just don’t. I don’t have dry skin there, I don’t have dark circles, and from what I can see I don’t have wrinkles - yet. Maybe someday I will start using that stuff lol, but for now I will just save them up and hope that I never have to.
So there you have it! Now tell me, what did you get?!
To learn more about BirchBox head -> HERE.
|Posted by Jessica Anderson on March 31, 2013 at 12:45 AM||comments (0)|
Winter can bite me. That is all I have to say about that. A big ol’ pile of MEH!
I know I have been MIA lately but ya know what? I have had NO, let me say that again, NO motivation to do anything. No blogging, no crafting, no nothing…
Now that is it FINALLY spring time (though you wouldn’t think so with all the snow we got last week… Thank you very much Missouri) I actually have a little more motivation to actually do stuff.
Do you have that issue as well? The – it’s winter blues?
ANYWAY – on to the main attraction! My March BirchBox:
- Madewell for Birchbox Nail Emery Board
* It’s a good nail file, not the best I have ever owned, but good nonetheless.
- MAKE Face Primer SPF 30
* I have tried a few different face primers and this one was good. Again, not the best, but good.
- Caldrea Body Lotion
* I am not big on scented lotions so these were a bit wasted on me. I will probably pass them along to a friend or something.
- Nick Chavez® Beverly Hills Color-Saver Sulfate-Free Shampoo / Conditioner
* I haven’t tried this or the conditioner yet. I am having some hair issues and am using a particular shampoo/conditioner so I won’t be using this until that clears up.
- MAKE Satin Finish Eyeshadow
* Ok, now this I like! I am always up for a new eyeshadow and I love that Birchbox has been sending me a new one every month! This is the perfect semi satin/shimmer dark grey.
Do you get Birchbox? If so what did you get?! Do you want to learn more?
Head on over - > Birchbox!